Temporary Reporter Correspondent- Winnipeg
Be part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. If you value your independence, enjoy meeting
new people and are ready to inspire and inform our National audience, then this is the position you’ve
been waiting for! We have a one year term as a Reporter, available for you in our News department.
- Cover daily breaking news, long form journalism, investigative pieces, and series
- Enjoy more creative control over your stories in comparison to other newsrooms
- Discover and pitch your own story ideas in conjunction with assignments from the desk
- Meet and develop new contacts, as you travel nearby and to remote communities
- Join a team that provides coverage of the issues facing Aboriginal communities locally, nationally and worldwide!
As our Temporary Reporter Correspondent, you will;
- Be the face our viewers recognize nationally!
- Craft high quality stories
- Have great time management skills
- Be comfortable working independently and closely with other team members, full support will come from afar as your manager works out of our Yellowknife bureau
- Demonstrate your strong communication skills while interacting with the public and remote colleagues
- A degree/diploma in journalism or related field with proven experience related to journalism
- A great on-camera presence, solid judgment, research techniques and the ability to be flexible
- A strong ability to articulate and effectively communicate issues relevant to Aboriginal communities
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of broadcast technology
- A valid driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract-since you’ll be travelling to obtain your exciting stories
Your new opportunity awaits, visit us at:
https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=aptn by July 7, 2014 at 3 p.m.
Please include a link to your demo, with application.
As an Aboriginal employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.