Watch CBQM – reflection paper due Friday noon – What does CBQM do for the community of Fort McPherson?
March 21 – Due: APTN television series review and presentation
March 28 – Cumulative exam
April 4 – Pitch show to APTN – oral presentation only/5
April 11 – Written revised pitch submitted/5
Update INCA Summer Institute – May 9 – June 22 – category registration starts now; open registration starts early April
Assignment – Reflection on CBQM – discussion
Student presentations or media organizations: Daniel and Jaida
Quick review of key dates in Aboriginal broadcasting:
- Canada launched the first communication satellite in the world
- Accelerated Coverage Program
- Native Communications Program (NCP) – print and trail radio
- What is the Hamelin Line? Why is it important?
- Inukshuk project, 1980
- Broadcasting Act, 1991 – CRTC – new Act in 1991 recognizes the significance of Aboriginal peoples within Canadian society.
- TVNC – 1992
- APTN – 1999 – How is it financed? What is its mandate?
- Broadcasting Regulator Policy CRTC 2013-372 – Application for mandatory distribution on cable and satellite under section 9(1)(h) of the Broadcasting Act, 1991 Available at http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2013/2013-372.htm
Watch Magic in the Sky (745 minutes)
Watch CBQM – reflection paper due Friday noon – What is the role of CBQM in Fort McPherson?
Seeing Ourselves, Being Ourselves article by Jennifer David