This paper adds to our knowledge base, by:
1. describing the prevailing views on Aboriginal small business and entrepreneurship
2. defining small business and entrepreneurship in general terms
3. describing the current state of First Nation entrepreneurship and small business development in Canada
4. listing and discussing some of the challenges that First Nation small business owners and entrepreneurs in Canada face, and providing ideas and avenues for the enhanced support and promotion of those entrepreneurs thinking about starting a small business, and
5. highlighting and discussing those avenues of growth for Aboriginal business that are still in need of attention, including the challenges and opportunities facing Aboriginal women, youth and other entrepreneurs.