Video Journalist– Yellowknife
Do you enjoy thinking outside the box, variety and getting creative with your work? Do you value your independence; enjoy meeting new people and are you always looking for “the shot”?
If so, then you are ready to join our team as a Video Journalist out of our bureau in Yellowknife!
- Travel across the territories covering a variety of shoots, from daily news, festivals, protests, and cultural events
- Meet and develop new contacts, as you travel nearby and to remote communities
- Use HD technology and remote transmission equipment, to feed quality stories to the deskin Winnipeg
- Join a team that provides coverage of the issues facing Aboriginal communities locally,nationally and worldwide!As our Video Journalist, you will;
- Work well independently and with your small team locally
- Dig in and find out what’s behind the story, express what the story means for Aboriginal peoples
- Display strong communication skills while interacting with the public and remote colleagues
- Thrive under pressure to meet your daily deadlines
- Be creative, professional, showcase original story ideas and have passion for the industry!You bring:
- A diploma or degree in a related discipline with proven News broadcast experience
- Hands on experience with news line-up script software, broadcast HD cameras and AVID editingplatforms
- A sensitivity and understanding of culture and issues relevant to Aboriginal communities inNorthwest Territories
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of broadcast technology
- A valid driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract-since you’ll be travelling to obtain yourexciting storiesCome and see what makes us a Top Employer, visit us at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=aptn
by 3 p.m. CST. Monday, August 25, 2014. Please include a link to your demo, with application.
As an Aboriginal employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.